The Western Cape Government says it has updated its Covid-19 dashboard to promote transparency and awareness.
The provincial health department has added an important feature- the “Resurgence Monitor”.
This looks at two main metrics:
· The percentage increase week on week in new Covid-19 cases; and
· The percentage increase week on week in the percentage of average positive cases.
“If both these indicators increase over 10% for 7 consecutive days, we regard it as an alert. If both these indicators increase over 20% for 7 consecutive days, we regard it as a resurgence. This means that we can now use the dashboard to predict a third wave,” Premier Alan Winde said in a statement.
Other updates to the dashboard include;
- The most updated vaccination data in the Western Cape on the dashboard,
- Information on Covid-19 reinfections, which forms part of the total case number,
- A new “Demographic Profile” component which includes an age and gender profile for all Covid-19 cases and deaths.
The information can also be filtered by the district across the province.