On Sunday South African National Parks (SANParks) announced that the West Coast flower season would officially open in the second week of August 2021.
West Coast National Park Acting Park Manager, Pierre Nel said the Postberg Section of the West Coast National Park will open to the public on 1 August 2021 and will close again on 30 September 2021.
The general park, which is about an hour’s drive out of Cape Town, opens at 07:00, the slightly farther away Postberg section is only open from 09:00 every day.
The last entry for Postberg is also an hour earlier, at 16:30.
SANParks recommends going during the week if at all possible as weekends are often very busy.
Conservations fees for August and September are as follows (child < 12 years old):
- SA adult (with ID) – R94 per person
- SA child – R47 per person
- SADC National adult (with passport) – R144 per person
- SADC National child – R72 per person
- Standard Conservation Fee/International Visitors
Adult – R210 per person
Child – R105 per person