Two people were killed and two others injured in a suspected incident of taxi violence on Friday 10 September.
South African Police Service’s (SAPS) Colonel Andrè Traut said that police are investigating a double murder and two attempted murders after armed suspects opened fire at a minibus taxi in Mew Way Khayelitsha on Friday afternoon at around 12:45.
Traut said that an unconfirmed number of suspects swiftly fled the scene after the shooting, and as at Monday 13 September no arrests had been made.
In August Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula announced a truce among taxi associations following several weeks of engagements to stamp out the ongoing violence.
The ongoing deadly taxi war over routes between the Cape Amalgamated Taxi Association (CATA) and the Congress of Democratic Taxi Association (Codeta) resulted in the death of more than 20 people in July.