Bishops Diocesan College is being rocked by allegations of a sexual relationship between Fiona Viotti, a history teacher, and an 18-year-old matric pupil.
30-year-old Fiona Viotti is at the center of the scandal following her resignation from the school last week and an investigation into her alleged misconduct.
Viotti has since denied the allegations through her lawyer.
The school released a media statement admitting that one of its teachers is involved in a “serious misconduct” case.
But who is Viotti?
1. The sportswoman.
According to the Sunday Times, Viotti was the manager of the under-19 Western Province Schools Water Polo boys’ team, a position she resigned from following the sex scandal.
She is also said to have been a water polo star in her teens and was later featured as one of the ‘Beauties of Sport’ in the South African Sports Illustrated in 2009.
2. Springbok ties
The 30-year-old teacher is the niece of former Springbok player and coach Nick Mallett.
Fiona married husband Pavo Viotti in September 2018 after the couple had been dating for a long time.
You should also read:
- New alleged Fiona Viotti video emerges on porn site
- Explicit video allegedly featuring Fiona Viotti on porn site
- Bishops Diocesan College sex scandal – There could be more pupils involved
- Bishops Diocesan College sex scandal – Fiona Viotti’s father speaks out
- Fiona Viotti named as teacher in the middle of sex scandal rocking Bishops Diocesan College
4. Bishops Diocesan College connection
Fiona’s family, the Mallets, have a long connection spanning decade with Bishops Diocesan College. Her father Dave, is a teacher and rugby coach at the elite school.
Her grandfather, Anthony Mallet was the Headmaster at the school between 1964 and 1982.
More: Global Intel