Protests blocked roads and stoned some cars in the city on Monday morning, with Mew Way still being closed in both directions between Pama Road and Alium Way in Khayelitsha.
City of Cape Town Traffic Service spokesperson Richard Coleman reported at 5.12am that Princess George Drive was closed in both directions between Military Road and Sonnet Way, with reports of alleged stone-throwing.
Protesters were reported blocking Mew Way in both directions from 7am, causing heavy delays in a south-bound direction.
The mayoral committee member for transport, Felicity Purchase, said the Phoenix MyCiTi station was vandalised, looted and set alight during the unrest, which saw the N7 closed several times as stones rained down on vehicles.
Purchase said repairs to MyCiTi infrastructure would cost millions and take months to complete.
Mayoral committee member for safety and security JP Smith said the unrest started earlier in the week after traffic officers cracked down on taxis.
The SA National Defence Force (SANDF) rolled into the area last week to help police with a crackdown on crime.