Police in Cape Town seized drugs worth more than R18 million and unlicensed firearms during an intelligence driven operation.
Members raided a residence in Milnerton on Wednesday afternoon and and confiscated the following:
- 52kg X crystal meth estimated at R18.2 million
- 8850 X mandrax tablets (valued at R442 500)
- 0,5kg X hydroponic dagga (R40 000)
- 3 X pistols and a revolver
- 286 rounds of ammunition
- 13 X magazines and a holster
The total value of the drugs is R18 682 500.
A 40-year-old suspect was subsequently arrested.
The suspect is facing charges relating to dealing in drugs, possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition. He will appear in court on Friday, 26 March 2021.