On Friday Justice and Correctional Services Minister, Ronald Lamola said he was determined to find out why Tazne van Wyk’s alleged killer was released on parole despite a lengthy criminal history dating back to as early as 1981.
Minister Lamola said the parole system was undergoing a full review to determine what led to the alleged killer’s release on parole.
“We’ll have to go through the processes to see what happened, who was involved and what were the issue,” he said.
Moehydien Pangaker has 11 convictions, which include murder, abduction and culpable homicide.
Pangaker also had an outstanding warrant of arrest dating back to February 2019.
While speaking on the sidelines of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s State of the Nation Address, Police Minister Bheki Cele revealed that the suspect was not supposed to be out on parole.
The 54-year-old parolee is accused of abducting Tazne from her neighbourhood in Elsies River earlier this month, before killing her and then dumping her body in a storm-water pipe in Worcester.