The current Alert Level 4 lockdown regulations will be extended for 14 days following president Cyril Ramaphosa’s announcement on Sunday evening (11 July).
The adjusted level 4 lockdown is now set to remain in place until 25 July, after which it will be reviewed again.
While some adjustments have been made, the regulations remain largely unchanged.
These are the Level 4 rules in place until Sunday 25 July:
- All social, political, religious and other gatherings remain prohibited
- The curfew remains in place from 9pm until 4am
- The sale of alcohol remains prohibited
- Restaurants and eateries to open under strict health protocols with no more than than 50 people at a time
- Gyms and fitness centres to open
- Schools will remain closed until 26 July
Ramaphosa also announced that the Covid-19 Ters scheme should be extended to sectors that are economically impacted by Level 4 restrictions.
Additionally all business licenses and permits that expired between March 2020 and June 2021 will remain valid until 31 December 2022.