Four people have died following a gas leak at a Cape Town plastic recycling company on Tuesday.
The City of Cape Town’s fire and rescue services responded to a call about a gas leak at the recycling company in Birch Road, Beaconvale, Parow on Tuesday around 14:20.
City’s fire and rescue spokesperson, Jermaine Carelse said, when they arrived on the scene, “they found four bodies submerged in recycled water inside the factory”.
He revealed that three more people were treated on the scene while two others were sent to hospital for further treatment. The scene was handed over to the police.
Western Cape police spokesperson Captain FC van Wyk said according to information available to them, the deceased, identified as being adult males, aged 22, 35, 41 and 51 died inside the tank.
An inquest case has been registered for investigation.