Eben Etzebeth accused of terrorising Langebaan with his ‘Wolf Pack’

It has come to light that the incident which has led Eben Etzebeth being charged by the Human Rights Commission was not isolated.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Residents of Langebaan have claimed that the incident which has led to Eben Etzebeth being charged by the Human Rights Commission was not isolated.

Last week Human Rights Commission filed four applications in the Hopefield Magistrate’s Court, with the two complainants – Enver Wilsenach and Siyaad Smith – each seeking R1 million compensation for an alleged assault against them by Eben Etzebeth.

It has now come to light that Etzebeth, currently with the Springboks Rugby World Cup squad in Japan, was allegedly involved in another drunken incident at the yacht club on the 24th of August.

Buang Jones said that Etzebeth and his group of friends dubbed the ‘Wolf Pack’ have been terrorizing Langebaan for some time and are  notorious in the town for their thuggery. Jones has been criticized for his outspoken views on Etzebeth and his stated desire to make an example of the Springbok lock , but he is not letting up.

Jones told a media briefing in Cape Town on Friday that other residents had come forward during the HRC’s investigations bringing to light a history of abuse.

A portion of an email sent by Langebaan Yacht Club member Victor Kahn, claims that earlier on 24 August, Etzebeth had been involved in a racially motivated fracas at the club.  The ‘Wolf Pack’ apparently moved from the yacht club to a popular Langebaan pub Die Watergat outside of which the assault of Enver Blaauw is alleged to have taken place.

A 21-year-old man identified only as a kickboxer claims to have been witness to the assault on Blaauw, which he attempted to stop earning an assault at the hands of Etzebeth’s entourage.

The conflict is alleged to have started when someone, possibly Blaauw, threw an object at Etzebeth’s car.

Andre Calitz,Etzebeth’s lawyer, said that shortly before leaving for the Rugby World Cup, the player met with the HRC to provide a statement, and the commission agreed that the probe would wait until after the World Cup.

Etzebeth has been given ten days to respond to the affidavits lodged by the HRC.

More : The South African

 

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Trending on #TheWC

#LATEST

Popular on #TheWC

Also on #TheWC